Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position

From: Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position
Date: 2016-03-31 15:56:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: tested, passed

I have reviewed this patch.
It applies cleanly at the top of current master (3501f71), compiles silently and implements declared feature.

The documentation describes behavior of the function with pointing to a difference between inserting into JsonbObject and JsonbArray.

The code is clean and commented. Linked comment is changed too.

Regression tests cover possible use cases and edge cases.

Notes for a committer:
1. pg_proc.h has changed, so the CATALOG_VERSION_NO must also be changed.
2. Code comments and changes in the documentation need proof-reading by a native
English speaker, which the Author and I are not.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer