Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: José Luis Tallón <jltallon(at)adv-solutions(dot)net>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CommitFest App] Feature request -- review e-mail additions
Date: 2016-03-30 17:47:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

José Luis Tallón wrote:

> Just wanted to suggest two minor mods to the review e-mails
> auto-generated by the app:
>
> * Prepend a [review] tag to the e-mail subject
> ... so that e-mails sent to -hackers will read " [HACKERS] [review]
> <patch title goes here>"

Changing the subject of an email causes Gmail to break the threads, so
anything in that line should be discouraged. -1 from me. I would be
happier if the subject of the submission email is kept intact, i.e. not
use the patch title that was used in commitfest app but use the one in
the email. These often differ.

> * Auto-CC the patch author on this e-mail
> I guess this should speed up reactions / make communication a bit more
> fluid.

Yes, strong +1 on this.

3) Have the auto-generated emails insert In-Reply-To headers (and
perhaps References).