Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Josh berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com, Hanna Wischmann <hanna(at)citusdata(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Date: 2016-03-22 13:48:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-announce

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 05:43:24PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 03/02/2016 05:28 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> >Further, the idea that SV needs to worry about Brazil is troubling.
> >Sure, there is a precedence that US won't collide with EU but other than
> >that?
> >
> >All of these events are run by different people, all with different
> >goals that are aligned but certainly not parallel to another.
>
> Well, the Brazillians have some reason to be upset since last year a speaker
> cancelled on PGBR in order to go to PGSV. It's pretty hard for them to get
> foreign speakers in general given the distance, cost, and exchange rates,
> and conflicting with one of the larger PostgreSQL events doesn't help.

Yes, I know I was one of the people who wanted to attend PGSV and PGBR,
and could only attend PGSV. Unfortunately, I have already accepted to
attend PGSV and _again_ can't attend PGBR. Ugh! I realize there is
nothing that can be done, and PGSV probably did the best they could when
the chose their date. Let's face it, they can't choose a date based on
just me or a few people.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription +