Re: Odd warning from pg_dump

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Odd warning from pg_dump
Date: 2016-03-08 15:57:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > * Tom Lane (tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us) wrote:
> >> pg_dump: WARNING: typtype of data type "any" appears to be invalid
>
> > This is fixed in my changes to pg_dump, though I didn't expect you'd be
> > able to hit them in released versions and so hadn't been planning to
> > break it out.
>
> Oh, this was with HEAD; I've not checked it in released versions.

Using your "-n '*'", I suspect you'd be able to hit it in released
versions also.

I think the real question is if "-n '*'" should still exclude
'pg_catalog'. Fixing the issue with defined pseudo types is wonderful,
but aren't you going to end up with a dump you can't restore,
regardless?

Thanks!

Stephen