Re: JPUG wants to have a copyright notice on the translated doc

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JPUG wants to have a copyright notice on the translated doc
Date: 2016-03-07 02:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Thanks.
>
> Korean Document is translating currently.

Oh, I see.

> When that be done, I will announce to official site.
> current, translation progress is 50%.
> This work is dependent only voluntary support by 6 peoples.
> so, translating is very slow. :)

Same thing can be said to Japanese translation work. It requires
tremendous work. The project page is on GitHub.

https://github.com/pgsql-jp/jpug-doc

While we are working, we are facing problem of GitHub's limitation:
when a pull request is submitted, the diff is not shown if the
document based on the pull request is too big. Because some of
PostgreSQL SGML file is quite large, they easily hit the limit.
Moreover, we leave the original English text, and we add Japanese
translation, the size of the file is almost double.

I'm thinking about requesting to split large SGML files into small
pieces. I'm not sure if developers accept it or not, though.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan