Re: pgbench small bug fix

From: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench small bug fix
Date: 2016-03-03 12:23:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> time pgbench -T 5 -R 0.1 -P 1 -c 2 -j 2

On my laptop this command executes 25 seconds instead of 5. I'm pretty
sure it IS a bug. Probably a minor one though.

I tested this patch on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with GCC 4.8. It applies
cleanly on master branch (c7111d11) and solves a described problem.
No compilation warnings. Everything else works as before.

Still I wonder if code could be patched more cleanly. Instead of:

if(someint)
if(somebool)

... you should probably write:

if(someint > 0)
if(somebool == TRUE)

Also I suggest to introduce a few new boolean variables with meaningful
names instead of writing all these long expressions right inside of

As a side note I noticed that pgbench.c is not pgindent'ed. Since you
are modifying this file anyway probably you cold solve this issue too?
As a separate patch perhaps.