Re: Identifying a message in emit_log_hook.

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com
Cc: pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Identifying a message in emit_log_hook.
Date: 2016-02-25 07:42:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

At Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:13:01 +0000, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> wrote in <CANP8+jLbGE_YbxULgZXvce44oOB8V0T93e5_inHvBDE2PXkSOw(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> On 17 February 2016 at 08:34, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
> horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>

> > > I'm guessing this would require making the pre-translated error text
> > > available to plugins as well as translated form.
> >
> > If I understand you correctly, edata->messgage_id in my patch is
> > just what offers the pre-translated error text to plugins.
>

> OK, now I understand the patch, I am happy to apply it.

Thank you very much. I have one concern about this patch.

I have added an id only for .message in the patch but it
theoretically can apply to all other message typs eventually
given to gettext() in two macros EVALUATE_MESSAGE(_PLURAL). They
are detail, detail_log, hint and context and the modification
could be limited within the two macros by doing so but extra four
*_id members are to be added to ErrorData. I doubt it is useful
for the extra members.

If you agree with this, it doesn't seem to me to need more
modification. Is there anything else to do?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center