Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Catalin Iacob <iacobcatalin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport
Date: 2016-02-02 22:52:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:

> The eventual committer is likely to be much happier with this patch if
> you guys have achieved consensus among yourselves on the best
> approach.
>
> (Disclaimer: The eventual committer won't be me. I'm not a Python
> guy. But we try to proceed by consensus rather than committer-dictat
> around here, when we can. Obviously the committer has the final say
> at some level, but it's better if that power doesn't need to be
> exercised too often.)

Actually I imagine that if there's no agreement between author and first
reviewer, there might not *be* a committer in the first place. Perhaps
try to get someone else to think about it and make a decision. It is
possible that some other committer is able to decide by themselves but I
wouldn't count on it.