Re: PostgreSQL Audit Extension

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Audit Extension
Date: 2016-02-01 20:59:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Steele wrote:
> On 1/31/16 8:07 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > I'm giving
> > this patch some more time by moving it to next commitfest instead.
>
> I was under the mistaken impression that the CF was two months long so I
> appreciate getting a little more time.

Yeah, sorry to disappoint but my intention is to close shop as soon as
possible. Commitfests are supposed to last one month only, leaving the
month before the start of the next one free so that committers and
reviewers can enjoy life.

Anyway, what would *you* do with any additional time? It's reviewers
that need to chime in when a patch is in needs-review state. You
already did your part by submitting. Anyway I think the tests here are
massive and the code is not; perhaps people get the mistaken impression
that this is a huge amount of code which scares them. Perhaps you could
split it up in (1) code and (2) tests, which wouldn't achieve any
technical benefit but would offer some psychological comfort to
potential reviewers. You know it's all psychology in these parts.