Re: Template for commit messages

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Template for commit messages
Date: 2016-01-28 14:52:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >> How about
> >> User-Interface-Bikeshedded-By:
> >> ?
> >
> > +1
>
> That's sort of implicitly pejorative. Maybe we could find another
> way to phrase that, like "Design-suggestions-by" or maybe a more
> general "Suggestions-by".

Apologies, I was kidding actually -- I don't think we should list people
on patches just because they provided some input in the thread, but
people that actually reviewed the patch. Otherwise we risk diluting the
list in the release notes (or wherever it is that we end up crediting
reviewers/contributors), which is also undesirable.