Re: 2016-01 Commitfest

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2016-01 Commitfest
Date: 2016-01-18 17:35:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Two weeks into the commitfest, things have moved a bit:

Needs review: 53.
Waiting on Author: 20.
Ready for Committer: 10.
Committed: 16.
Total: 99. https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/

We have two committed patches since last report -- not a lot for a whole
week. We've managed to review a few patches though: WoA went from 14 to
20. Patch authors have something to do rather just twiddle their
thumbs^W^W^W review others' patches.

Remember: reviewing patches where somebody else has marked themselves as
reviewer is still welcome. You could spot things the other person might
miss.

Committers: There are patches for you to push! Go pick one up right now!
(And remember: marking yourself as committer for a patch makes it
unlikely for anybody else to review/commit it. If you do not intend to
review+commit such a patch soon, it's probably better to remove yourself
as committer.)

Many patches seem stalled without review:
Table partition + join pushdown https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/325/
multivariate statistics https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/450/
Implement failover on libpq level https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/389/
Unique Joins https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/129/
Replace buffer manager spinlock with atomic operations
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/408/

Reviews of those patches would be useful, to keep things moving forward.