Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Subject: Re: Refactoring speculative insertion with unique indexes a little
Date: 2016-01-18 16:36:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > I only see one patch version on the thread.
>
> I'm not going to post a revision until I thrash out the tiny issues
> with Heikki. He kind of trailed off. So maybe that kills it
> immediately, which is a shame.

If you refuse to post an updated version of the patch until Heikki
weighs in some more, and given that Heikki has (for the purposes of this
patch) completely vanished, I think we should mark this rejected.

If somebody else is open to reviewing the patch, I think that'd be
another way to move forward, but presumably they would start from a
version with the discussed changes already fixed. Otherwise it's a
waste of time.