Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date: 2016-01-12 22:32:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Here is a two part v12, which:
>
> part a (refactoring of scripts and their stats):
> - fix option checks (-i alone)
> - s/repleacable/replaceable/ in doc
> - keep small description in doc and help for -S & -N
> - fix 2 comments for pg style
> - show builtin list if not found

I'm looking at this part of your patch and I think it's far too big to
be a simple refactoring. Would you split it up please? I think the
StatsData / SimpleStat addition should be one patch; then there's the -b
changes. Then there may (or may not) be a bunch of other minor
cleanups, not sure.

I'm willing to commit these patches if I can easily review what they do,
which I cannot with the current state.

Please pgindent; make sure to add /*--- here to avoid pgindent mangling
the comment:

if (pg_strcasecmp(my_commands->argv[0], "setrandom") == 0)
{
* parsing:

> part b (weight)
> - check that the weight is an int

This part looks okay to me. Minor nitpick,

+ int i = 0, w = 0, wc = (int) getrand(thread, 0, total_weight - 1);

should be three lines, not one. Also the @W part in the --help output
should be in brackets, as FILE[(at)W], right?