Re: BUG #13770: Extending recovery_min_apply_delay on Standby causes it to be unavailable for a while

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #13770: Extending recovery_min_apply_delay on Standby causes it to be unavailable for a while
Date: 2015-12-30 14:02:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2015-12-26 22:45:57 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Depending on the use cases, it may be interesting to have a switch
> allowing to not apply the delay should a consistent point not be
> reached though...

Is there actually any case where it's interesting to delay in that
scenario? I mean that really can only happen if you changed the
configuration to a different delay, or your clock offset
changed. Otherwise we should always reach the consistent point before
the delay plays a role. I'm tempted to simply only check for delay when
consistent.