Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date: 2015-12-21 16:41:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael, all,

* Michael Paquier (michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> OK, let's do so then by having this one fall under pg_backup. Let's
> not be my grunting concerns be an obstacle for this patch, and we
> could still change it afterwards in this release beta cycle anyway
> based on user feedback.

Updated and rebased patch attached which takes the 'pg_switch_xlog'
default role back out, leaving us with:

pg_monitor - View privileged info
pg_backup - start/stop backups, switch xlog, create restore points
pg_replay - Pause/resume xlog replay on replicas
pg_replication - Create/destroy/etc replication slots
pg_rotate_logfile - Request logfile rotation
pg_signal_backend - Signal other backends (cancel query/terminate)
pg_file_settings - View configuration settings in all config files

Michael, another review would be great, if you don't mind. I'm going to
be going through it also more closely since it sounds like we've got
consensus on at least this initial set of default roles and rights. If
all looks good then I'll commit it.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
default_roles_v10.patch text/x-diff 57.3 KB