Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-12-02 03:01:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> > - It would be nice to have command_ok and command_fails in PostgresNode
> > too; that would remove the need for setting $ENV{PGPORT} but it's
> > possible to run commands outside a node too, so we'd need duplicates,
> > which would be worse.
>
> I am fine to let it the way your patch does it. There are already many changes.

Idea: we can have a bare command_ok exported by TestLib just as
currently, and instance method PostgresNode->command_ok that first sets
local $ENV{PGPORT} and then calls the other one.

@all_nodes is only used to look for unused port numbers.

> > Finally, I ran perltidy on all the files, which strangely changed stuff
> > that I didn't expect it to change. I wonder if this is related to the
> > perltidy version. Do you see further changes if you run perltidy on the
> > patched tree?
>
> SimpleTee.pm shows some diffs, though it doesn't seem that this patch
> should care about that. The rest is showing no diffs. And I have used
> perltidy v20140711.

Yes, the patch doesn't modify SimpleTee -- I just used "find" to indent
perl files. What I don't understand is why doesn't my perltidy run
match what was in master currently. It should be a no-op ...