Re: New email address

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New email address
Date: 2015-11-24 11:58:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> That's a direct effect of the dmarc policy change. Yahoo no longer supports
> their customers using mailing lists. They changed their policies for such
> emails to hard reject, which makes Gmail (and presumably others) stick them
> in spam.. It would happen to all the emails except the ones where you are
> on direct cc.

FWIW we've been rejecting posts coming from @yahoo.com addresses for a
long time now, since DMARC was first introduced. We didn't get around
to blocking other domains owned by Yahoo such as ymail.com or national
yahoo subdomains, but I assume (without checking) that those will cause
trouble too and we will have to block them out in order not to fill our
queues with useless bounces.