Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Translation updates

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Translation updates
Date: 2015-11-11 19:05:25
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> >> Translation updates
> >>
> >> Source-Git-URL: git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgtranslation/messages.git
> >> Source-Git-Hash: cd263526676705b4a8a3a708c9842461c4a2bcc3
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Would you please document this process?
>
> It's documented in src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES (except I don't do the
> tagging anymore). You can try it yourself.

Ah, that's it, thanks. I remember doing it once in the past and
couldn't remember where had I gotten the procedure from. I guess I will
add a pointer to that file in the recently created Release Process wiki
page.

> > (It would also be good to know how to create new branches and how to
> > destroy one when it goes out of support.)
>
> Yeah that one's a bit trickier and potentially confusing. See recent
> discussion about branch naming on the translators list. I usually just
> check the commit history for how it was done the previous time. ;-)

Aha. (I should get a fresh clone of that repository, I guess. I
probably have extra branches now.)

BTW I'm confused about the message-branches.txt file. Aren't we
supposed to have an entry for REL9_5_STABLE in there?