Summary of Vienna sharding summit, new TODO item

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Summary of Vienna sharding summit, new TODO item
Date: 2015-11-04 12:58:52
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers pgsql-hackers

[BCC to pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org]

I have summarized the Vienna cluster summit meeting from last week by
adding italicized answers to the agenda questions, even though we didn't
follow the agenda ;-) :

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PG-EU_2015_Cluster_Summit

I would like to propose the following TODO item:

* Enhance foreign data wrappers, parallelism, partitioning,
and perhaps add a global snapshot/transaction manager to allow
creation of a proof-of-concept built-in sharding solution

Ideally these enhancements and new facilities will be available to
external sharding solutions as well.

Is this acceptable?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription +