Registering for the Vienna cluster meeting

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-cluster development <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Registering for the Vienna cluster meeting
Date: 2015-10-09 00:07:59
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

In an attempt to foster discussion and coordinate work on adding
built-in sharding to Postgres, there will be a Postgres sharding meeting
as part of the Vienna Postgres conference on Saturday, October 31. This
will be the first of several such meetings in different cities.

The sharding meeting can be chosen as an attendance option for those who
are registering or have already registered for the conference. Go to
the URL below to register:

https://www.postgresql.eu/events/register/pgconfeu2015/signup/1/

Database sharding is the ability to spread data across multiple hosts to
improve query performance and throughput. During this three-hour event,
attendees will discuss desired built-in Postgres sharding features and
ways they can be implemented. Several demonstrations of existing
external sharding solutions will be presented. Anyone interested in
Postgres sharding is encouraged to attend.

The sharding summit will be held on Saturday, October 31, from 9:00
until 13:00.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription +