Re: Waits monitoring

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Ildus Kurbangaliev <i(dot)kurbangaliev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Waits monitoring
Date: 2015-09-06 12:28:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2015-09-04 23:44:21 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> I see the need for both current wait information and for cumulative
> historical detail.
>
> I'm willing to wait before reviewing this, but not for more than 1 more CF.
>
> Andres, please decide whether we should punt to next CF now, based upon
> other developments. Thanks

I think we can do some of the work concurrently - the whole lwlock
infrastructure piece is rather independent and what currently most of
the arguments are about. I agree that the actual interface will need to
be coordinated.

Ildus, could you please review Amit & Robert's patch?

Greetings,

Andres Freund