Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Bjorn Munch <bjorn(dot)munch(at)oracle(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris testers wanted for strxfrm() behavior
Date: 2015-07-25 07:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 08:40:05AM +0200, Bjorn Munch wrote:
> On 22/07 02.29, Noah Misch wrote:
> > > I ran this program on Solaris 9 U5 (September 2006) on Sparc and got:
> >
> > I appreciate your testing. A few sources give December 2003 as the month for
> > Solaris 9 Update 5; would you verify the vintage you used?
>
> Sorry I was mis-parsing the /etc/release. 9/05 is the month. I should
> know that. :-/ This was Solaris 9 U9 from September 2005.

Does it have recent Solaris 9 updates, or is it closer to a base install of
the 9/05 packages? Apparently, Oracle issued a final batch of Solaris 9
updates in February 2015. I would find it useful to know the age of the
installed package containing /lib/libc.so.1.

> From the output it looks like the bug was present here?

Yes.

> I did a quick search for bugs in libc with strxfrm in the title and
> got a few hits but none that seemed to be this one.

I was curious about that. Thanks for looking.