Re: 9.5 release notes

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: 9.5 release notes
Date: 2015-06-14 12:22:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 11:30:30PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Note that I guess "MauMau" is a nickname.
>
> I think we are fine consistenly putting Japanese last names first _if_
> we always capitalize the last name, e.g. "FUJITA Etsuro" --- is that a
> good idea? Does everyone like that? Does any other country want that?

OK, new idea. What about, instead of having the last name be all-caps,
we have the last name start with an uppercase letter, then use smallcaps
for the rest of the last name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_caps

That way, the last name will not appear too large, but will be clear as
something different from other names. Peter, I assume small-caps is
possible.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +