Re: brin regression test intermittent failures

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: brin regression test intermittent failures
Date: 2015-05-26 14:30:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com> writes:
> > I meant to get around to looking into it, but FWIW I see BRIN-related
> > Valgrind issues. e.g.:
>
> Fixed, see 79f2b5d583e2e2a7; but AFAICS this has no real-world impact
> so it does not explain whatever is happening on chipmunk.

Ah, thanks for diagnosing that.

The chipmunk failure is strange -- notice it only references the
= operators, except for type box for which it's ~= that fails. The test
includes a lot of operators ...

Also, we have quite a number of ARM boxes: apart from chipmunk we have
gull, hamster, mereswine, dangomushi, axolotl, grison. (hamster and
chipmunk report hostname -m as "armv6l", the others armv7l). All of
them are running Linux, either Fedora or Debian. Most are using gcc,
compilation flags look pretty standard.