Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Date: 2015-05-14 16:01:47
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I've pushed a change which should clean it up by simply loading the
> > module after each reconnects is done, more-or-less simulating having it
> > be in shared_preload_libraries. It also wasn't using the correct
> > database for reconnecting.
>
> > I'll keep an eye on it.
>
> Another thing that looks not amazingly well-thought-out about that
> regression test is that it creates a superuser role with a known name
> (and no password, not that adding a password would make it better).

We create a lot of roles in other tests too; the foreign_data test is
the only one that create a superuser role. While working on the tests
for the DDL deparse thing, I had to create a script with a list of roles
that all the tests use, and it's pretty amazing. I remember thinking at
the time that it'd be better to initialize a number of standard roles in
an initial step, and have them be used consistently in the tests that
require them, rather than having create/drop everywhere.

-- create roles used throughout the tests
create role clstr_user;
create role "current_user";
create role foreign_data_user;
create role "Public";
create role regressgroup1;
create role regressgroup2;
create role regression_bob;
create role regression_group;
create role regression_user1;
create role regression_user2;
create role regression_user3;
create role regression_user;
create role regresslo;
create role regress_rol_lock1;
create role regress_test_indirect;
create role regress_test_role;
create role regress_test_role2;
create role regress_test_role_super superuser;
create role regressuser1;
create role regressuser2;
create role regressuser3;
create role regressuser4;