Re: Proposal : REINDEX xxx VERBOSE

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : REINDEX xxx VERBOSE
Date: 2015-05-13 18:10:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Uh, are we really using INFO to log this? I thought that was a
discouraged level to use anymore. Why not NOTICE?

Also, when multiple tables are reindexed, do we emit lines for each
index, or only for each table? If we're going to emit a line for each
index in the single-table mode, it seems more sensible to do the same
for the multi-table forms also.