Re: Can pg_dump make use of CURRENT/SESSION_USER

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can pg_dump make use of CURRENT/SESSION_USER
Date: 2015-04-29 16:14:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:

> Looking at the patch again I realize the code is very ugly, so I'll rework
> the patch.

Yes, I think get_object_address should figure out what to do with the
representation of CURRENT DATABASE directly, rather than having the
COMMENT code morph from that into a list containing the name of the
current database. Please see about changing SECURITY LABEL at the same
time, if only to make sure that the representation is sane.