Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"

From: Payal Singh <payal(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"
Date: 2015-04-22 18:04:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: not tested
Implements feature: tested, failed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: tested, failed

Error in postgresql.conf gives the expected result on pg_ctl reload, although errors in pg_hba.conf file don't. Like before, reload completes fine without any information that pg_hba failed to load and only information is present in the log file. I'm assuming pg_ctl reload should prompt user if file fails to load irrespective of which file it is - postgresql.conf or pg_hba.conf.

There is no documentation change so far, but I guess that's not yet necessary.

gmake check passed all tests.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author