Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space)

From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: a fast bloat measurement tool (was Re: Measuring relation free space)
Date: 2015-03-31 17:13:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

I'm just posting this WIP patch where I've renamed fastbloat to
pgstatbloat as suggested by Tomas, and added in the documentation, and
so on. I still have to incorporate Amit's comments about the estimation
of reltuples according to the way vacuum does it, and I expect to post
that tomorrow (I just need to test a little more).

In the meantime, if anyone else was having trouble installing the
extension due to the incorrect version in the control file, this is the
patch you should be using.

-- Abhijit

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-pgstatbloat-to-pgstattuple.patch text/x-diff 19.5 KB