Re: PATCH: pgbench - merging transaction logs

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: didier <did447(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: pgbench - merging transaction logs
Date: 2015-03-23 16:29:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Guys, I don't see this theoretical discussion going anywhere. I think
it's time to simply implement this and evaluate it on a bigger
machine. It can't take very long to implement tosimply just write to one
file instead of the multiple files as now. The posix guaranteed fprintf
locking should already take care of the rest.

Greetings,

Andres Freund