Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Asif Naeem <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date: 2015-03-12 13:50:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Asif Naeem wrote:
> Thank you Michael. Good suggestion, PFA updated patch, it don't have
> dependency on "progname" global variable any more and expecting this value
> as related function argument.

We have another copy of this in pg_ctl, which looks pretty much
identical except there's some additional stuff at the bottom. Would it
make sense to add those additional "Job"-related things as a separate
routine, so that we can remove the duplicate copy of the "restricted
token" code, and have pg_ctl use get_restricted_process from src/common
instead?

There is a further copy of very similar stuff in pg_regress.c, but what
it does is slightly different; not sure how difficult it would be to
refactor that one too.

Is this a backpatchable bug fix, or are we considering this only for the
master branch?