timestamp format escape rules

From: Rikard Pavelic <rikard(at)ngs(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timestamp format escape rules
Date: 2015-03-12 08:07:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Currently Postgres uses DATE WHITESPACE TIME for timestamp/tz datatype.

Due whitespace it needs to be escaped when returned as record.
How likely is to change WHITESPACE to something more ISO like, like 'T'?

This would allow it to be serialized without the need for escaping.

I'm asking this since we often return nested records directly from
Postgres and when reading deeply nested records, we are mostly skipping
on quotes/escapes.

Regards,
Rikard

--