Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgriboval(at)yahoo(dot)fr, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #12830: postgres-9.4 upgrade is missing PGPORT
Date: 2015-03-07 20:37:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 02:00:57PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > * Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> >
> > > Uh, the community does not maintain these scripts, which I assume are
> > > for RPMs. You need to contact the RPM authors.
> >
> > Huh? I don't think RedHat provides binaries for 9.4.1 and so I imagine
> > the user got these from yum.postgresql.org which, just like
> > apt.postgresql.org, is certainly considered community... If those RPMs
> > and DEBs aren't community then I'm highly confused as to why they'd be
> > provided off of postgresql.org..
>
> Well, we have Solaris packages linked from our website too, but we don't
> take bug reports for them either.

Yeah, that's been mentioned before and I don't think it makes sense
either.. For my part, I'd rather we address the Solaris packages the
same way the OSX and Windows ones are- linked to an external site which
actually does support them (or remove them altogether if no one is going
to support them), or, of course, if someone in the community wants to
step up to support them for the community, that'd be great too.

Thanks,

Stephen