Re: Re: [GENERAL] can postgresql supported utf8mb4 character sets?

From: lsliang <lsliang(at)pconline(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [GENERAL] can postgresql supported utf8mb4 character sets?
Date: 2015-03-06 02:55:29
Lists: pgsql-general

2015-03-06

发件人:Adrian Klaver
发送时间:2015-03-05 21:31:39
收件人:lsliang; pgsql-general
抄送:

On 03/05/2015 01:45 AM, lsliang wrote:
> can postgresql supported utf8mb4 character set?
> today mobile apps support 4-byte character and utf8 can only
> support 1-3 bytes character
The docs would seem to indicate otherwise:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/multibyte.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8
> if load string to database which contain a 4-byte character
> will failed .
Have you actually tried to load strings in to Postgres?
If so and it failed what was the method you used and what was the error?
--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com

thanks for your help .

postgresql can support 4-byte character

test=> select * from utf8mb4_test ;
ERROR: character with byte sequence 0xf0 0x9f 0x98 0x84 in encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in encoding "GB18030"
test=> \encoding utf8
test=> select * from utf8mb4_test ;
content
---------