Re: Add LINE: hint when schemaname.typename is a non-existent schema

From: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add LINE: hint when schemaname.typename is a non-existent schema
Date: 2015-03-04 07:31:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: not tested
Implements feature: tested, failed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: not tested

Tom suggested few changes already which I too think author needs to address.
So marking it "Waiting on Author".

However, I see following, example does not work well.

postgres=# create or replace function
f1(a abc.test.id%type) returns int as
$$ select 1; $$
language sql;
ERROR: schema "abc" does not exist

Is that expected?
I guess we need it at all places in parse_*.c where we will look for namespace.
Please fix.

Also, like Tom's suggestion on make_oper_cache_key, can we push down this
inside func_get_detail() as well, just to limit it for namespace lookup?

However, patch is not getting applied cleanly on latest sources. Need rebase.

> On Tom comments on parse_utilcmd.c:
I guess the block is moved after the pstate and CreateStmtContext are setup
properly. I guess, we can move just after pstate setup, so that it will
result into minimal changes?

Can we have small test-case? Or will it be too much for this feature?

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author