Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade
Date: 2015-02-24 00:55:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

David,

* David Steele (david(at)pgmasters(dot)net) wrote:
> I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4 last week using pg_dumpall and psql to dump
> and import the database. I got an error during the creation of one of
> the views and ended up having to patch the pl/pgsql manually to complete
> the migration.

Which pg_dumpall / pg_dump did you use? Generally speaking, you want to
be using the pg_dumpall and pg_dump from the version of PostgreSQL which
you are upgrading *to*. In this case, you'd want to use the 9.4
pg_dumpall and pg_dump.

I haven't had a chance to look more closely, but I suspect that would
work based on your comment that a dump/reload while on 9.4 works.

Thanks!

Stephen