Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Asif Naeem <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date: 2015-01-21 18:36:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 03:31:42PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > This sounds like the exact right patch. However, since it has a lot of
> > Windows-specific code, and we don't have any Windows experts, I am not
> > sure how this can be applied.
>
> Are you saying we will remove the Windows port? That sounds awesome,
> thanks! If you need help, I will volunteer on the spot, just LMK.

:-)

Well, I _am_ saying that historically patches that touch the innards of
the Windows API are rarely applied as we can't evaluate or maintain the
code. I can probably come up with an example if you want. The
Windows-specif code we do carry is required and was developed by people
that are no longer as involved.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +