Re: TABLESAMPLE patch

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
Subject: Re: TABLESAMPLE patch
Date: 2015-01-06 13:25:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2015-01-06 14:22:16 +0100, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 06/01/15 08:51, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >>Attached is v3 which besides the fixes mentioned above also includes changes
> >>discussed with Tomas (except the CREATE/DROP TABLESAMPLE METHOD), fixes for
> >>crash with FETCH FIRST and is rebased against current master.
> >This patch needs a rebase, there is a small conflict in parallel_schedule.
> >

> Sigh, I really wish we had automation that checks this automatically for
> patches in CF.

FWIW, I personally think minor conflicts aren't really an issue and
don't really require a rebase. At least if the patches are in git
format, the reviewer can just use the version they're based on. Perhaps
always stating which version of the tree the patches apply on would be
good practice.

Greetings,

Andres Freund