PostgreSQL and Ideara R1Soft - Backup

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL and Ideara R1Soft - Backup
Date: 2014-11-27 09:59:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello @all,

has someone experience with idera R1Soft and PostgreSQL? How can i use
it? I know, there are a Idera-Modul for MySQL to make consistent
backups, but i can't found similar for PostgreSQL.

Is it possible to make a pg_start_backup(), then create a snapshot and,
after pg_stop_backup(), move the snapshot over the network? How?

It's not a actual demand, just a question. Thx in advance.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°