Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Emanuel Calvo <3manuek(at)esdebian(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Nicolas Barbier <nicolas(dot)barbier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date: 2014-11-03 22:18:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> [lots]

I have fixed all these items in the attached, thanks -- most
user-visible change was the pageinspect 1.3 thingy. pg_upgrade from 1.2
works fine now. I also fixed some things Heikki noted, mainly avoid
retail pfree where possible, and renumber the support procs to leave
room for future expansion of the framework. XLog replay code is updated
too.

Also, I made the summarization step callable directly from SQL without
having to invoke VACUUM.

So here's v21. I also attach a partial diff from v20, just in case
anyone wants to give it a look.

Attachment Content-Type Size
brin-21.patch text/x-diff 226.5 KB
minmax-20-to-brin-21.patch text/x-diff 128.2 KB