Re: PgAdmin Crash Dialog

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Leonard Boyce <leonard(dot)boyce(at)lucidlayer(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin Crash Dialog
Date: 2014-09-13 07:08:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Re: Dave Page 2014-09-05 <CA+OCxozrmN80xZVFyTtyCNSfgBtWGBHcR0RRb+sWVFN0zLXX1w(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> OK. Judging from the stacktrace, it's wxWidgets that's at fault here.

From the low-level nature of the errors I'd also think so, yes.

> Unfortunately there are a number of such bugs that are not actually in
> pgAdmin and we've been unable to get fixed. That's one of the reasons
> why we're starting work on pgAdmin 4 which won't use wxWidgets. It
> might be worth trying a debug build, but I'm not going to hold my
> breath.

As another data point, the 1.20 beta was also reported to be crashing,
though it worked for me in some 30s quick tests.

I haven't tried a -O0 build yet.

> > Have you tried building with wx3.0 on your OS?
>
> wx3.0 *should* work, but most of us are still using 2.8 so it's
> definitely not as well tested.

It'd be nice if someone on non-Debian/Ubuntu could report success or
failure with wx3.0 so we know if it's wx3.0 in general, or the Debian
build of it.

Christoph
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/