Re: PgAdmin Crash Dialog

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: Leonard Boyce <leonard(dot)boyce(at)lucidlayer(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin Crash Dialog
Date: 2014-09-05 08:50:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

Re: Leonard Boyce 2014-08-29 <CAKj1m=K7usp+_Mp3C9QMyadF7n9C=gJHdaqrvHKtqRwmbd9V3g(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Sorry to say, no symbols in the pgadmin3 binary or any of the wx libs.

The debug symbols (from -g2 -O2) are in a separate package,
pgadmin3-dbg. The binaries in "pgadmin3" are stripped, same for the
libs.

That said, we ship a non-debug build in terms of what the build system
says:

Building a debug version of pgAdmin: No
Statically linking pgAdmin: No
Building a Mac OS X appbundle: No

There's several ways to make the stock Debian and apt.postgresql.org
pgadmin3 packages crash:

Dave, would you have any suggestions what we could try to get the
problem fixed? Would a proper debug build yield more insight?

Have you tried building with wx3.0 on your OS?

Christoph
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/