Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Baker, Keith [OCDUS Non-J&J]" <KBaker9(at)its(dot)jnj(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL
Date: 2014-08-20 20:15:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Baker, Keith [OCDUS Non-J&J] wrote:

> Please let me know if more discussion is required, or if it would be
> reasonable for me (or someone else of your choosing) to work on the
> coding effort (perhaps targeted for 9.5?)
> If on the other hand it has been decided that a QNX port is not in the
> cards, I would like to know (I hope that is not the case given the
> progress made, but no point in wasting anyone's time).

As I recall, other than the postmaster startup interlock, the other
major missing item you mentioned is SA_RESTART. That could well turn
out to be a showstopper, so I suggest you study that in more depth.

Are there other major items missing? Did you have to use
configure --disable-spinlocks for instance?

What's your compiler, and what are the underlying hardware platforms you
want to support?