Re: 9.5 CF1

From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.5 CF1
Date: 2014-07-02 06:08:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Performance
-----------

scalable LWLocks
Generic atomics implementation
Both under active discussion.

KNN-GiST with recheck
Partial sort
Some earlier discussion, but no conclusions, and as far as I know
nobody is working on these patches at the moment.

lowering array_agg memory requirements
I'm waiting to hear from Tomas if he expects to post an updated
version of the patch soon. Otherwise I'll move it to 2014-08.

Don't require a NBuffer sized PrivateRefCount array of local buffer pins
Pending performance tests before commit. Is anyone working on this?

Allow more join types to be removed
Updated patch pending review from Simon. Updates welcome.

Sort support for text with strxfrm() poor man's keys
Lots of earlier discussion, but no conclusions as far as I can tell.
Does anyone want to take a look at this?

Scaling shared buffer eviction
Pending review by Andres. Any updates?

Spread shared memory across NUMA memory nodes
Marked waiting on author, but status unclear. Any updates?

Use unique index for longer pathkeys
No reviews, no reviewers. I took a quick look, and it's not clear if
this is useful in itself, or if it just enables more interesting
optimisations later. Does anyone want to look at this?

XLogLockBlockRangeForCleanup
Amit Khandekar plans to post a review this week.

SKIP LOCKED
Two patches available: original by Simon, updated/merged version by
Thomas Munro. Simon said he'll look into both with a view towards
committing the functionality. Timeline not yet clear.

Allow NOT IN to use anti joins
Revised patch marked pending review. Updates welcome.

CSN snapshots
Work in progress, plenty of discussion, no reviews. Probably nothing
to do here. (Heikki, are you waiting for feedback or anything?)

There's not even one "ready for committer" patch in this category.

-- Abhijit