Re: 9.5 CF1

From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.5 CF1
Date: 2014-07-02 05:39:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

System administration
---------------------

pg_hibernator
Nice feature, some discussion, no code reviews. Status not entirely
clear, but updated patch available.

Monitoring & control
--------------------

Reducing impact of hints/cleanup for SELECTs
Pending performance review by Emanuel Calvo. (He said he's posted a
review, but I couldn't find it. He's travelling right now, will send
me a pointer later.)

Send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector
unconditionally
Currently marked waiting on author, but I think Kevin is in the
process of getting it committed.

issue log message to suggest VACUUM FULL if a table is nearly empty
Euler has said he plans to post a review this week.

pg_shmem_allocations view
Euler has said he plans to post a review this week.

pg_xlogdump --stats
Pending review by Dilip Kumar (who plans to post a review this
week), but Osamu Furuya and Marti Raudsepp have said it looks
OK generally.

There is one "ready for committer" patch in this category.

-- Abhijit