9.5 CF1

From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 9.5 CF1
Date: 2014-06-16 06:36:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi.

There are 92 outstanding patches in this CommitFest, and 63 of them do
not have any reviewer. Those are very large numbers, so I hope everyone
will pitch in to keep things moving along.

There's quite a variety of patches available for review this time, and
any level of feedback about them is useful, from "no longer applies to
HEAD" or "doesn't build" to more detailed reviews.

If you don't have the time to do a full review, or are getting bogged
down, post whatever you do have (the same amount of fame and fortune
will still be yours!).

If you're wondering where to start, here are some suggestions, picked
almost at random:

Using Levenshtein distance to HINT a candidate column name
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CAM3SWZS9-Xr2Ud_j9yrKDctT6xxy16h1EugtSWmLU6Or4CtGAA@mail.gmail.com

Better partial index-only scans
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CABz-M-GrkvrMc9ni5S0mX53rtZg3=SZNEYrU_A8RigQ2b3MGNA@mail.gmail.com

Use unique index for longer pathkeys
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20140613.164133.160845727.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp

SQL access to database attributes
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/53868E57.3030908@dalibo.com

pg_resetxlog option to change system identifier
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/539B97FC.8040806@2ndquadrant.com

pg_xlogdump --stats
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/20140604104716.GA3989@toroid.org

tab completion for set search_path TO
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CAMkU=1xJzK0h7=0_sOLLKGaf7zSwp_YzcKwuG41Ns+_Qcn+t=g@mail.gmail.com

idle_in_transaction_timeout
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/538E600E.1020708@dalibo.com

I'll post a periodic summary to the list, and will send out reminders by
private mail as usual.

Please feel free to contact me with questions.

-- Abhijit

P.S. If you tag your reviews with [REVIEW] in the Subject, it'll be
easier to keep track of them.

  • Re: 9.5 CF1 at 2014-06-17 16:43:19 from Robert Haas
  • Re: 9.5 CF1 at 2014-06-23 05:08:09 from Abhijit Menon-Sen