Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supporting Windows SChannel as OpenSSL replacement
Date: 2014-06-09 13:02:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 02:45:08PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Thoughts? While we're at it, we'll probably want to refactor things
> so that it's easy to support other SSL implementations too, like
> gnutls.

One project that is proud to support several SSL implementations
is curl: http://curl.haxx.se/

Git: https://github.com/bagder/curl.git
Implementations: https://github.com/bagder/curl/tree/master/lib/vtls

List from vtls.c:

- OpenSSL
- GnuTLS
- NSS
- QsoSSL
- GSKit
- PolarSSL
- CyaSSL
- Schannel SSPI
- SecureTransport (Darwin)

We cannot reuse the code directly, but seems it's usable for
reference for various gotchas that need to be solved.

--
marko