Re: pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position
Date: 2014-05-25 17:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2014-05-25 22:35:24 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As written in subject, pg_recvlogical does not work properly with
> option -I but it should:
> $ pg_recvlogical -I 0/0
> pg_recvlogical: invalid option -- I
> Try "pg_recvlogical --help" for more information.
> $ pg_recvlogical --help | grep "\-I"
> -I, --startpos=PTR where in an existing slot should the streaming start

Good catch. Apparently only the long argument version ever worked...

> Attached patch corrects that, reshuffling at the same time the option
> letters parsed with getopt_long in alphabetical order.

Hm. Not a big fan of this in isolation. In the attached patch I've
reordered the options to all be ordered alphabetically, but only inside
the section they are in --help.

What do you think?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-pg_recvlogical-to-accept-the-documented-I-instea.patch text/x-patch 5.4 KB