Re: inherit support for foreign tables

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Date: 2014-03-11 05:07:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

> This seems far better than silently performing the command,
> except for the duplicated message:( New bitmap might required to
> avoid the duplication..

I rewrote it in more tidy way. ATController collects all affected
tables on ATRewriteCatalogs as first stage, then emit NOTICE
message according to the affected relations list. The message
looks like,

| =# alter table passwd alter column uname set default 'hoge';
| NOTICE: This command affects 2 foreign tables: cf1, cf2
| ALTER TABLE

Do you feel this too large or complicated? I think so a bit..

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
foreign_inherit-v5.patch text/x-patch 42.8 KB