Re: Unportable coding in reorderbuffer.h

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unportable coding in reorderbuffer.h
Date: 2014-03-06 01:39:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2014-03-05 20:02:56 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Urgh. I know that isn't per project style, but I just plain missed it
> while staring at these patches. At one point I thought of complaining
> that separating the public and private values was not a worthwhile
> endeavor, but I don't think I ever did. Still, I agree with Tom's
> suggestion of dumping the distinction.

Ok, convinced, consider it dumped.

Unless somebody protests I'll try to get the remaining walsender and
docs patches ready before sending in the patch fixing this as it's not
disturbing the buildfarm. I'll be onsite/travelling tomorrow; so I am
not sure I'll be done then, but friday it is.

Greetings,

Andres Freund